Katie Book Reviews
- OPRAH – 16 Books for Dog Lovers
- Good Morning America – Recommended reading list features Katie Up and Down the Hall
- New York Post – “Spaniel’s Hall of Fame”
- People Magazine – “a charmer about ‘the abiding love of family’ wherever you find it .”
- FidoBlog.com – “Our hearts broke and our stomachs knotted up…”
- Hamptons.com – “‘Katie: Up and Down the Hall’ Much More Than Just A Dog Story”
- The Broadsheet Daily – Gateway Plaza resident pens Battery Park City memoir
- The Buffalo News – “Katie makes a family out of strangers” | page 2
- Examiner.com – “A story of friendship, between a dog and her owner, and how that bond opened doors to unexpected happiness and fulfillment.”
- American Kennel Club – Katie Up and Down the Hall Book Launch Party Benefits AKC Humane Fund
- AKC Newsletter – AKC Recommends Katie Up and Down the Hall
- AKC Meet the Breeds Newsletter – Glenn Plaskin Book Signing
- Seattle Kennel Club – “A beautiful testimonial to man’s best friend”
- Paw Nation – Glenn Plaskin Interview
- Dog Spelled Forward – Book Review: Katie Up and Down the Hall
- Pets Teach Us So Much Blog – Launch Party Recap
- MetroSource – Cover | Review
- Katie Audiobook Review on Road King Magazine
- Hampton Sheet – “Katie is revealing in its reflections on the definition of family…”
Katie Across The Web
- Interview with Glenn on American Kennel Club’s Pick of the Litter
- Interview with Glenn on Sound Commentary
- Interview with Glenn Plaskin on Pet Life Radio
- Interview with Glenn Plaskin on Hachette Book Group Radio
- Glenn’s Interview on Relationships 101 with Dr. Beth Erickson
- Katie’s photo gallery on MarthaStewart.com
- Ad in People Magazine | Cover | Inside
- NJ Star-Ledger Entertainment Desk
- Reception at Mackenzie-Childs in Gotham Magazine
- Glenn and Lucy at Best Buds Charity Event hosted by Mackenzie-Childs
- The New York Social Diary
- The Bark – Editor’s Picks for Notable Dog Books of 2010
- Featured project for Glenn’s publicist, Goldberg McDuffie
Glenn on Good Day NY’s Book Club
Glenn appeared on Good Day NY on the Good Day Book Club segment.
Glenn on American Kennel Club’s Podcast
Glenn, American Kennel Club President Dennis Sprung and AKC radio host and director of communications Lisa Peterson at the KATIE UP AND DOWN launch party.
Katie’s Launch Party
At Katie’s Launch Party at MacKenzie-Childs was a smash hit. At the party, Liz Smith and Glenn discuss his new book.
For full details, read Glenn’s blog article on the book launch.
Katie in People Magazine
Liz Smith Urges You To Read ‘Katie’
Even before I went down to Barnes & Noble in Tribeca the other eve to introduce the veteran writer Glenn Plaskin and discuss his new book about the dog that took Manhattan, I realized I was just a small oarsman in the big boat of Glenn’s PR. I asked Glenn questions about why his cocker spaniel “Katie” had won more media space already than the search for someone to play Scarlett O’Hara back in 1936.
Dogs are mighty popular these days and “Katie” has been read and lauded by Betty White, Joan Rivers, Judge Judy and Mary Tyler Moore. “Katie,” it seems, brought an entire apartment complex together, teaching everyone the meaning of dedication, loyalty and friendship. Her death in old age caused more tears than were shed over Princess Diana.
But I do urge you to read the compelling story of “Katie” because if you don’t, Glenn Plaskin will hunt you down (like a dog!) and you’ll pay for missing the experience. No kidding; very touching book.
Source: Liz Smith on myway.com
Katie’s Featurette in Family Dog Magazine
Family Dog Magazine is published by the American Kennel Club
Katie in Animal Fair magazine
Katie in Caesar’s Way
Tribeca Citizen Q&A
Katie Makes her Book Expo America Debut
Katie Makes the Publisher’s Catalogue Cover
Glenn’s Book Reviews
- Horowitz: The Biography of Vladmir Horowitz
- Turning Point: Pivotal Moments in the Lives of America’s Celebrities